June 16-22 at Liberty University School of Law in Lynchburg, VA
Student Price: $379
($359 through April 18)
Parent Price: $209
Program Director: Stephen Blunk
Event Director: Ned Williams
TeenPact Judicial provides students with a one-of-a-kind, law-oriented academic experience on the beautiful campus of Liberty University School of Law in Lynchburg, Virginia.
The program balances an in-depth survey of all major areas of law, with training–-by gifted, Christian Liberty Law School professors–-in courtroom skills such as raising evidentiary objections and cross-examining witnesses. There is special emphasis on appreciating the Judeo-Christian roots of our judicial system and integrating a biblical worldview and the study of law.
Additionally, the program is intended to equip students for the task of discerning God’s will and identifying their unique talents and aptitudes.
A key ingredient of TeenPact Judicial is a unique “moot court” experience where TeenPact staff and Liberty Law school professors coach each student through the appellate process: from analyzing the facts and legal issues of a realistic case file, to drafting their legal brief and crafting a legal argument, to presenting their case against opposing counsel before an appellate court.
Even a student who has no intention of entering the field of law will benefit from honing or even discovering the skills of legal reasoning, “issue identification” and persuasion. And, of course, Judicial delivers on the popular TeenPact distinctives: activities that are “hands on,” edifying, intellectually stimulating, and fun. We hope you’ll join us for TeenPact Judicial.
TeenPact Judicial staff and students will reside in on-site dorms on the Liberty University campus.
- Male and female dorm areas are separated per TeenPact policy.
For those driving…
- Please arrive at Liberty University between 2pm-5pm on Sunday, June 16
- Please plan on leaving between 10am-12pm on Saturday, June 22
- Make sure you tell us that you’re driving by entering your information into your Cvent account
- If you are interested in organizing a carpool, please let us know so we can connect you with other students from your area.
For those flying…
- Book your flight into either Lynchburg, VA or Richmond, VA.
- All flights must arrive by 3pm on Sunday, June 16 and depart after 12pm on Saturday, June 22
- TeenPact staff will meet you at your baggage claim shortly after you arrive; wear a TeenPact shirt to help us find you! We will deliver you back to your ticketing counter when you depart.
- Make sure you go back into Cvent (our registration system) and enter your flight info.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bedding (pillow, sheets/blanket/sleeping bag)
- Towel and toiletries
- Bible, notebook, pen, reusable water bottle
- A snack to share (girls bring sweet, guys bring salty)
- Money for the TeenPact store or Liberty University Bookstore (optional)
- Notebook computer (optional)
- Remember, we will be media-free during this week so plan on leaving any cell phones, iPods, books, etc in your suitcase during the week.
WHAT TO WEAR
- To create a distraction-free atmosphere, please bring only “TPA” clothing (check out the dress code for TeenPact Appropriate clothing before packing). If you’re not sure, don’t bring it!
- Most days plan on wearing “business casual” — which means dress slacks and a collared shirt for guys, and dress slacks or skirts and a blouse for girls.
- Bring professional attire for three days, in particular for the moot court tournament and banquet.
- There will be time for sports and other activities, so make sure to pack comfortable casual clothes as well.
Check back for details soon!