May 20-26, 2013 at Fort Bluff Camp in Dayton, TN
Student Price: $399
($379 through March 22)
Parent Price: $299
Program Director: Lydia Shanks
Event Director: Peter Martin
National Convention is the climax of the TeenPact year, drawing 500 people from around the TeenPact Nation. Students experience engaging speakers, passionate worship, dynamic small groups, hands-on activities, leadership opportunities, like-minded friends and life-changing memories.
Firmly at the core of the “NC” experience is our speaker line-up and daily worship sessions. You will be impacted by speakers, refreshed through worship and provoked by hearing stories of God at work. Each session is designed to strengthen your faith while giving you tips for practical application. You will no doubt experience God’s power and presence during the week!
Our 2013 speakers include…
- Lydia Shanks, TeenPact Leadership Schools
- Randy Sims, Director of Worldview Academy
- Aaron Watson, TeenPact Leadership Schools
- Bob Chambers, pastor and TeenPact Class Director
- Carolyn McCulley, author and founder of CityGate Films
- Dr. Tommy Carrington, President of Urban Training Network and TeenPact Class Director
- Matt Chambers, Director of SafeWorld
- Rep. Josh Cockroft, Oklahoma House of Representatives and TeenPact Congress Program Director
- Tim Echols, founder of TeenPact Leadership Schools
- Peter Martin, TeenPact Leadership Schools
But National Convention was never intended to be a lecture series; it is designed to build your faith while also fostering relationships with your fellow TeenPacters. Whether it’s in organized small group discussions or simply in casual conversation, you’ll find students laughing together and sharpening one another.
As of Monday, May 13 we have officially closed registration. Email or call the office for availability.
Already signed up? Use this banner on your Facebook page: http://teenpact.com/alumni/national-convention/tpnc13-facebook-banner/
National Convention is held at the beautiful, secluded Fort Bluff Camp on a mountain overlooking Dayton, TN. The address is 370 Fort Bluff Camp Road, Dayton TN 37321.
For those driving…
- Please arrive at Fort Bluff between 1pm-4pm on Monday, May 20
- Please plan on leaving between 10am-12pm on Sunday, May 26
- Make sure you tell us that you’re driving by entering your information into your Cvent account
- If you are interested in organizing a carpool, please let us know so we can connect you with other students from your area.
For those flying…
- Book your flight into either Chattanooga, TN or Knoxville, TN
- Please arrive by 4pm on Monday, May 20 and depart after 10am on Sunday, May 26
- TeenPact staff will meet you at your baggage claim when you arrive; wear a TeenPact shirt to help us find you! We will deliver you back to your ticketing counter when you depart.
- Make sure you go back into Cvent (our registration system) and enter your flight info
- We are not able to make airport runs to Nashville or Atlanta, but we may be able to connect you with someone driving through there. Contact the office for more details or for any other travel requests. If you are driving through Nashville and can pick up students, please email us ASAP. Thanks!
Everyone attending this event needs to enter their travel information into Cvent. Please log into your account ASAP and confirm all the requested details.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bedding (pillow, sheets/blanket/sleeping bag)
- Towel and toiletries
- Shower shoes (optional, but recommended)
- Bible, notebook, pen, reusable water bottle, umbrella, flashlight
- Campaign material (if applicable)
- A snack to share at Coffeehouse (girls bring sweet, guys bring salty. Please avoid peanut-based snacks.)
- Money for the TeenPact store (optional)
- Remember, we will be media-free during National Convention so plan on leaving your cell phones, iPods, laptops, books, etc in your suitcase during the week.
- There is no homework for this event. Just come to enjoy the fellowship of believers and the presence of God.
WHAT TO WEAR
- To create a distraction-free atmosphere, please bring only “TPA” clothing. Check out the dress code before packing). If you’re not sure, don’t bring it!
- Dress is casual for the week, but some people like to dress up a little bit in the evenings.
- If you’re a candidate, consider dressing in a way that tells people “take me seriously,” especially during primaries, open forum and election returns.
- We will have separate times for the girls and guys to access the water slide and blob. We’re asking guys to wear shorts and t-shirts, and girls to wear shorts and a dark t-shirts over a one-piece/tankini swimsuit (no midriff showing.)
Every year, national elections are held with students running on the President-Vice President ticket or for the 4 Senate seats and 9 Representative seats. Students who run for office create campaign materials and give speeches in order to win their party’s nomination. Winners from the primaries advance to the general election, where hundreds of voters (both present and absentee) cast their ballots. The week-long campaign culminate with a live broadcast of TPN Evening News election night coverage.
TeenPact has developed national parties which are continually adding crieterion to their platforms. Each party focuses on a specific value, making a case that their perspective is the most revelant or attainable. Candidates in these parties do not have values which are exclusive, but they provide a framework for their beliefs and policies. When you sign up for NC, you’ll need to pick a party. If you have questions about elections, email email@example.com.
Looking for both an interesting and relevant topic for candidates to debate, TeenPact has chosen to focus on the topic of unmanned aerial vehicles, commonly referred to as “drones,” and the concerns associated with their use by government and law enforcement agencies. Read the full press release here for complete party platforms.
Visit www.teenpact.com/elections for updates on the campaigns, issues and rules.
ULTIMATE FRISBEE TOURNAMENT
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED. ALL TEAM SPOTS HAVE BEEN FILLED. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING ADDED TO A PLAYER WAIT-LIST, EMAIL TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR, QUINTON COOLS (firstname.lastname@example.org) FOR AVAILABILITY.
Competition is heating up for our ninth annual National Ultimate Frisbee Tournament! This five-day, 20-team, single-elimination tournament draws both avid frisbee players and casual bystanders alike. The championship game will be played under the lights, adding to the energy and excitement.
All teams can roster up to 14 people with a minimum of 5 girls and a limit of 1 Intern Girl, 1 Intern Guy/PD and 1 Adult. Team Captains have until May 10 to fill their rosters. This tournament costs $10 per player.
Please read all of the 2013 National Convention Ultimate Frisbee Tournament Rules.
VISITOR, GUEST AND PARENT POLICY
Our goal at TeenPact is to create a distraction-free environment where each person can have a full and rewarding experience. In order to meet these ends, we have created the following policy for visitors, guests and parents at National Convention:
- Students – We have an “all or nothing” policy for students wishing to attend National Convention. Students must register and participate in the entire event; no commuters or partial registrations are allowed. Anyone wanting to visit National Convention must get permission from Lydia Shanks.
- Non-Student Siblings – While we love everyone’s brothers and sisters, we are not really set up to accommodate them. All non-student sibling (younger or older) requests should be directed to Lydia Shanks.
- Parents – The parent chaperones play a huge role at TeenPact events, and we love having them involved! Because we count on them during the week, we generally have an “all or nothing” policy for parents as well. Special requests can be directed to Lydia Shanks.
- State Coordinators, Guest Directors & Board Members – We want to include you in National Convention, if at all possible. Please email Lydia Shanks so we can accommodate you.
- Other Guests – Because we guard the focus and experience of our students very carefully, we have a strict visitor policy. All requests should be directed to Lydia Shanks (email@example.com) for approval.
Thanks to all the wonderful people who are interested in National Convention. If you are unable to attend or meet the visitor criteria, we ask that you use your time to pray for God to meet those who are in attendance.
We will be streaming NC live again this year at www.teenpact.com/nclive. Check back soon for schedules and details!