A distinctive of TeenPact is our focus on training young people not just in understanding politics, but in servant leadership, character development and personal excellence. One way we accomplish this goal is by offering opportunities for outstanding alumni to serve as staff for various TeenPact events. TeenPact Staff are given hands-on experience coordinating logistics and leading small groups, while learning to take on the responsibility of spiritual discipleship.
These essential volunteers, our “Field Staff,” are part of the local team which leads the Four Day class at the State Capitol. Field Staff work with the Program Director, Class Director and Traveling Interns to teach and care for students who attend the class.
Field Staff are selected based on their previous experience as a leader within TeenPact and also by measurement of their personal, spiritual, and social maturity. The staff application process annually begins in May at National Convention, where students can apply and interview onsite. This is recommended, as it provides the applicant an opportunity for face-time with the interviewer. However, this isn’t required. To receive on online application and information about the staff application process, (available from May-September), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Must have attended at least one Four Day State Class as a student.
– Must provide transportation to/from class (TeenPact will cover while staffing).
– Must pay $50 staff registration fee to cover onsite expenses for each week of staffing.
– Attend your State Class as an Alumni.
– Attend national TeenPact Alumni Events.
– Take a leadership role while attending your State Class.
– The online staff application process will open on May 22, 2017.
– The deadline to apply to staff is September 30, 2017.
– Decision letters are finalized in October and mailed November 1, 2017.