Back to DC was our very first alumni program in TeenPact. Every year students from all around the United States choose this event as their opportunity for exposure in our nation’s capital. This is a fast-paced, week-long experience where you’ll see Washington as never before!
TeenPact Back to DC will take you onto Capitol Hill and through the halls of power as you brush shoulders with great leaders, visit historical landmarks and learn how to make your own impact. We will welcome in a handful of nationally-acclaimed conservative speakers to present to speak with our student body.
We partner with the Leadership Institute to bring you top-notch training in political philosophy, activism and campaigning. You’ll use these tools to run an energetic mock Presidential campaign.
Add these things to our legendary monument tour and daily worship on the rooftop with scores of like-minded friends and you’ve got an experience that could only happen at TeenPact.
Anyone who has attended Back to DC can tell you that this experience is a highlight among TeenPact events. Mark your calendar and plan on joining us in our nation’s capitol!
For those driving: Please arrive at the Leadership Institute (1101 North Highland Street, Arlington, VA 22201) between 2pm-4pm on Wednesday, October 11. Please plan on leaving between 10am-12pm on Monday, October 16. Please log-in to teenpact.com/events to enter your travel information. Directions and parking information can be found at www.leadershipinstitute.org. There are a few local parking garages nearby, as well as street parking, but TeenPact will not have any reserved spots in this downtown location. If you are interested in organizing a carpool, please let us know so we can connect you with other students from your area.
For those flying: Book your flight into either Reagan National (first choice) or Washington Dulles (second choice). Please arrive by 3pm on Wednesday, October 11 and depart after 12pm on Monday, October 16. TeenPact staff will meet you at your baggage claim when you arrive; wear a TeenPact shirt to help us find you! We will deliver you back to your ticketing counter when you depart. Please log-in to teenpact.com/events to enter your travel information.
We will be staying at the Leadership Institute and a local hotel. All registrants will receive an informative email prior to the event with specific details.
– Enough money to buy yourself lunch on 3 days (casual dining, like Quiznos, Chick fil A and Baja Fresh).
– Photo ID (if you have. Not essential)
– Notebook, Bible, pens
– Wallet or purse to carry passes, schedules, ID’s, etc
– Umbrella and jacket, in case of inclement weather
– Comfortable walking shoes – both professional and casual. It is a big city and we walk a lot. Please – don’t neglect this.
– Extra money for souvenirs, sight-seeing, etc (optional)
DO NOT BRING any sort of weapon; we will be going through a lot of security checkpoints.
Remember, this is a media free event. Please leave mp3 players, laptops and the like in your bag or at home.
– To create a distraction-free atmosphere, please bring only clothing that adheres to our dress code. Check out the dress code before packing. If you’re not sure, don’t bring it!
– Make sure you wear comfortable shoes! We will do a LOT of walking. We suggest breaking in your shoes before coming and, girls, we recommend wearing hose to cut down on blisters.