State Coordinator: Karlyn Sullivan
Where to Meet
Four Day Class Participants: Meet in the rotunda of the capitol by 12:30 pm on the Monday of your class. TeenPact staff members will meet you and direct you to the classroom. Please do NOT bring ANY luggage with you into the capitol. See below for directions to the Capitol and parking information.
One Day Class and Political Communication Workshop Participants: Meet in the rotunda of the capitol by 9:45 am. Our TeenPact staff members will meet you and direct you to the classroom. See below for directions to the Capitol and parking information.
What to Bring
To the Capitol:
– Completed homework (with your name on each page)
– Bible, notebook and pen/pencil
– Please purchase lunch during your online class registration; if you are commuting from home and do not wish to purchase lunch, you may bring a bagged lunch from home each day
To the camp:
– Bed linens (sleeping bag and/or sheets and blanket)
– Flip Flops for the shower
– Board games/ card games to share
– Snack to share (Girls bring sweet; Guys bring salty)
– Please review the dress code prior to attending
What NOT to Bring:
– Any sort of knife or firearm, including pocket knives
– iPod, mp3 player, portable video player, etc.
Parking & Directions
Parking is available (approximately $5/day) in the Kleman Plaza Garage, one block from the capitol.
Students staying at the camp should drop off luggage at the camp no later than 11:30 a.m., then proceed to the Capitol, arriving in the rotunda by 12:30 on Monday afternoon. Capitol directions will be given to drivers at the camp.
Directions to Woodmen of the World Camp:
For those traveling EAST on I-10 towards Tallahassee, use Exit #181 ( Hwy. 267 – Quincy exit), turning right (south) at the bottom of the exit ramp onto Hwy 267/Pat Thomas Parkway.
For those traveling WEST on I-10 towards Tallahassee, use Exit #181 ( Hwy. 267 – Quincy exit), turning left (south) at the bottom of the exit ramp onto Hwy 267/Pat Thomas Parkway.
– Proceed 12.4 miles to the southern end of FL267/Pat Thomas Parkway where it will dead end into SR20.
– Turn right(west) onto SR20 and proceed 4.7 miles looking for Woodmen of the World sign.
– Camp entrance will be on the right.
– Follow TeenPact signs to the parking lot and check-in area (Mess Hall)
– Directions to the Florida capitol will be provided upon arrival.
For GPS location or MapQuest directions, the physical address of the Woodmen of the World camp is: 22459 Woodman of the World Road, Hosford, FL 32334
Please note: The county misspelled the name of the camp when placing official signage. Please use the spelling “Woodman” when using GPS or MapQuest or directions will be inaccurate.
Students are invited to stay with the staff at Woodmen of the World (WOW) Camp, located about 45 minutes west of the Florida Capitol. In addition to the time at the Capitol, staying at the camp gives students the opportunity to relax and fellowship with like-minded peers in a more casual environment. Students play games, participate in small groups, play Ultimate Frisbee, enjoy a time of worship, and are challenged by a message from the Class Director. Time at WOW Camp is an integral part of the TeenPact experience, allowing students to combine the academic emphasis at the Capitol with a spiritual focus on students’ relationships with God and one another.
The WOW Camp is located about 45 minutes west of the Florida capitol at 22459 NE Woodman of the World Road. Set amidst the safe, peaceful woods of Hosford, FL, the camp is owned and run by a friendly, helpful staff. Sidewalks connect many of the amenities (basketball courts, volleyball court, frisbee fields, etc.) with the boys’ dorm, girls’ dorm, and mess hall. With clean accommodations and TeenPact catered meals, we’re sure you’ll enjoy your stay with the other students at the camp. However, space is limited, so reserve your spot early.
The cost for WOW Camp is $150 (3 nights) and $190 (4 nights) for each student and $120 (3 nights) and $155 (4 nights) for each parent chaperone. This includes breakfast, dinner, and lodging.
Homemade or catered breakfasts and dinners will be served each morning and evening at the camp. For lunches, TeenPact has made arrangements to provide a sandwich, chips, drink and a cookie for $7.00 each (Tuesday through Thursday). Please purchase your lunches during your online registration. Students staying at the camp are REQUIRED to purchase lunches; students commuting from home may purchase lunches or bring a bagged lunch from home. Please eat lunch on your own prior to arriving at class on Monday. Please bring extra money for Friday’s lunch if staying for the Political Communication Workshop.