Back to DC
October 9-14 at The Leadership Institute in Arlington, VA
Student Price: $369
($349 through August 11)
Parent Price: $329
Program Director: Quinton Cools
Event Director: Peter Martin
Back to DC was our very first alumni program in TeenPact. We use this trip to teach students about life on Capitol Hill, introduce them to conservative leaders and expose them to campaign technology. This is a fast-paced, week-long experience where you’ll see Washington as never before!
TeenPact Back to DC will take you onto Capitol Hill and through the halls of power as you brush shoulders with great leaders, visit historical landmarks and learn how to make your own impact. We’ll also participate in FRCAction’s Values Voter Summit where we will hear from nationally-acclaimed conservative speakers.
But why stop there? We’ll partner with the conservative Leadership Institute to bring you top-notch training in political philosophy, activism and campaigning. You’ll use these tools to run an energetic mock Presidential campaign.
Add these things to our legendary monument tour and daily worship on the rooftop with scores of like-minded friends and you’ve got an experience that could only happen at TeenPact.
Anyone who has attended Back to DC can tell you that this experience is a highlight among TeenPact events. Mark your calendar and plan on joining us in our nation’s capitol!
For those driving…
- Please arrive at the Leadership Institute (1101 North Highland Street, Arlington, VA 22201) between 3pm-4pm on Wednesday, October 9
- Please plan on leaving between 10am-12pm on Monday, October 14
- Make sure you tell us that you’re driving by entering your information into your Cvent account
- Directions and parking information can be found at www.leadershipinstitute.org. There are a few local parking garages nearby, as well as street parking, but TeenPact will not have any reserved spots in this downtown location
- If you are interested in organizing a carpool, please let us know so we can connect you with other students from your area.
For those flying…
- Book your flight into either Reagan National (first choice) or Washington Dulles (second choice)
- Please arrive by 3pm on Wednesday, October 9 and depart after 12pm on Monday, October 14
- TeenPact staff will meet you at your baggage claim when you arrive; wear a TeenPact shirt to help us find you! We will deliver you back to your ticketing counter when you depart.
- Make sure you go back into Cvent (our registration system) and enter your flight info
Check back for details!
WHAT TO BRING
- $35 to cover your Metro passes
- Enough money to buy yourself lunch on 3 days (casual dining, like Quiznos, Chick fil A and Baha Fresh).
- Photo ID (if you have. Not essential)
- Notebook, Bible, pens
- Wallet or purse to carry passes, schedules, ID’s, etc
- Umbrella and jacket, in case of inclement weather
- Comfortable walking shoes – both professional and casual. It is a big city and we walk a lot. Please don’t neglect this.
- Extra money for souvenirs, sight-seeing, etc (optional)
- DO NOT BRING any sort of weapon; we will be going through a lot of security checkpoints.
- Remember, this is a media free event. Please leave mp3 players, laptops and the like in your bag or at home.
WHAT TO WEAR
- To create a distraction-free atmosphere, please bring only “TPA” clothing. Check out the dress code before packing. If you’re not sure, don’t bring it!
- Make sure you wear comfortable shoes! We will do a LOT of walking. We suggest breaking in your shoes before coming and, girls, we recommend wearing hose to cut down on blisters.
- Check back for more details!